Accelerating the development of social sector leaders and change agents
Professional Development Served Two ways:
- Just in Time: get clear about what’s most important and figure out what you need to do to get moving. Available in in 3-hour blocks
- Monthly reflection sessions: the appointment you keep with yourself to stop and make sense, to think, and to plan. Because leaders deserve it.
JUST IN TIME SESSIONS
When & Why
For those times you find yourself at some kind of crisis or crossroads—an ending, a new opportunity, a stuck place. Take the promotion? Move into a new field? Successfully navigate your first 90 days in a new role?
How it Works
- You get a thought partner, a safe space, and a structured process
- Our initial face -to -face meeting is 90 minutes. You’ll complete a brief questionnaire to focus us both on what brought you to coaching, your unique gifts and talents, and what you want to create in the world. The bias is for action.
- Subsequent sessions are 60-90 minutes, by phone or at my studio in Albany. I also share relevant resources and practical tools and am available for quick check-ins.
- Available in 3-hour blocks: Your agenda, your timing; use your hours as needed and buy more time when and if you are ready.
Come for a tune up or a breakthrough. Leave with a game plan.
When & Why
Lately I have been working with executives and senior leaders who are investing in their own resilience and growth. They recognize that without dedicated time for thinking and planning, it’s hard to get past whack-a-mole mode. They use coaching to troubleshoot their own thinking, try on possibilities, wrestle with dilemmas, and practice new strategies.
How it Works
Available as 6-month series
You get a space to let down, re-charge, and re-ground:
- Identify and draw on your unique gifts and talents
- Assess what’s coming at you
- Anchor in the difference you want to make in the world
Expand your repertoire of creative and effective responses
Arrive with questions and leave with clarity, resources, and action plans.
Working with Laura has been immensely enriching. Through practical strategies and her wisdom, she’s helped me understand more clearly why my perspective matters and the unique value I bring to our work. She has helped peel back the tough layers that have made it challenging for me to demonstrate confidence and to be more compassionate to myself. I feel like I’ve experienced an internal transformation in my confidence that is being translated into my professional contributions.
— Jessica Xiomara García, Senior Consultant, Learning for Action
“Working with Laura balanced my need to expand and elevate thinking about what is possible with critical reflection on the strengths I bring and what I value in my work. ”
— Jill Casey, jdcPartnerships
Laura brings a magical blend of rigor, humor, and practical tools to her coaching and teaching—and elicits the same from her students. She offers big-picture perspective alongside strategies you can (and I did) use right away. As a result of Laura’s leadership teaching and coaching, my confidence went up, my toolbox got larger, my clients benefited, and I enjoyed the process immensely.”
— Suzanne Samuel, Independent Consultant